First day of school at P.S. 124
P.S. 124 students will start off the 2015-2016 school year on Wednesday, September 9 (the Wednesday after Labor Day). Help welcome in the new year by sharing a link to this post with anyone on your social network who has a current P.S. 124 student in their family.
- School starts at 8:20 AM and ends at 2:40 PM for grades 1-5.
- Our kindergartens will have a 1/2 day on Wednesday, September 9th. Dismissal at 11:45 AM.
- The first Full Day for Kindergarten will be on Thursday, September 10th.
- Pre-K students will stay for 1 hour on Wednesday, September 9th. (Parents should refer to the welcome letter sent home in June.)
- On Thursday, September 10th, Pre-K students have a half-day with dismissal at 11:45 AM. The first full day for preK is on Friday, September 11th.
- For the first week of school, Pre-K students will enter through the main entrance and come to the classroom with an adult family member regardless of weather conditions. Beginning the second week of school, Pre-K students will come in through the 13th Street entrance.
- Kindergartners will line up near the side entrance on 13th Street at 8:15 AM, weather permitting.
- Students in grades 1-5 will line up in the P.S. 124 school yard during the first month of school, weather permitting.
- On days of inclement weather, students enter through the schoolyard entrance closest to 13th Street, and the Kindergartners and Grades K, 1 and 2 will line up in the cafeteria while Grades 3 – 5 will line up in the gym.