Skip to content

What is a picture worth?

May 19, 2008

Hello Class 3206-

As you know in the Hugo Cabret text, the author uses both text and images to move the plot forward. Therefore, it is very important that you know how to “read” each picture.

It has been said that, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” What does that mean to you?

I can’t wait to hear your brilliant responses!

Ms. A

Advertisements
7 Comments leave one →
  1. Hannah permalink
    May 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Dear Ms. Abodeely,

To me, this quote means that within a picture, you can think whatever you want and you can create your own words that describe what is happening in the picture.

Fare Well,

Hannah

2. Ms. Abodeely, 3-206 permalink
    May 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Dear Ms. A,

I think it meas that pictures can be as powerful as words can be.

By,
    Marcanthony

3. May 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Dear Ms. Abodeely,

I think it means that the picture tells more information then the words themselves. For example if there is a whole page full of words but the picture can give four pages of information in your mind.

Sincerely, Scarlet

4. May 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Dear Ms Abodeely,

The words “A picture is worth a thousand words.” I think it means a picture that has no words is like the picture is the words.You just need to tell what is going on in the picture and that is the sentence that goes to the picture.

Your student,
    Jamielee

5. May 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Ms. A

I think this means that a picture has a lot of details ,and it is hard to describe and its hard for people to solve.

Masimka

6. May 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Dear MS A.

I think the quote means to me that there are more meanings for the picture than just one or two meanings.

Kevin

7. William permalink
    May 19, 2008 5:48 pm

I think it means a picture could tell a lot like facial expressions and the background.

William