What’s new on the Staff Blog
Below are links to new resources and announcements that have been made on the blogs since the beginning of the year. If you would like some help using this web site, or developing a project using the blog, or other technology in your classroom contact Rhys — as a reply to this post, or in his mailbox (Daunic).
New ‘Digital Productions’ Page
We’ve added the Digital Productions Page (in the main menu at the top of this site), as a place to archive videos, polished blog writing, musical recordings, lesson plans and rubrics. Check it out to find any production we’ve done at PS 124 since we’ve had our websites up!
Use the Administrative Category to see a list of all administrative announcements made this year. The latest include:
- Parking Permit info
- Harbor Fitness
- Staff Calendars
- New School Phone Number
- Halloween Pictures
- Persuasive Essays with Video Illustrations, Unit Plan
- Class 3-206 slide show video for reading and sequencing — Lesson plan and ongoing notes
- Blog book reviews, and Book Review Category for connecting with other schools — Lesson plan and examples (grades 3-5)
- Typing practice Lesson Plan (grades 2-5) with links to Powertyping.com and other games
- Routines for technology use — Student Intro and Lesson (K-5)
- Saving web addresses — Student activity
- Editing student blog comments — Lesson plan and examples
Rubrics & Resources for Teachers
- Routines for technology use: What we have and how to share it) — Guide for teachers
- Rubric for Informational Writing – 5th Grade Rubric
- Using a Laptop and a Projector — Tutorial for teachers
- New Proxy Settings on Firefox — Tutorial for teachers
Other resources to check out
I will be posting digests of resources being developed by and for teachers and students on this website regularly. You will be able to search for these using the “Blog Resources” category on the Staff Blog.