Student routines for using school technology
November 9, 2007
Whenever we use the computers for research, typing practice, or publishing our work to the school web sites (blogs), we want to follow some simple rules. Below is a list of basics.
- Ideas and First Names ONLY!
- Never share personal information over the Internet
- DO NOT type email addresses
- DO NOT type last name
- DO NOT type home addresses or phone numbers
Publish Quality Work!
- Think of your audience: students, teachers, parents, friends around the world…
- Check your spelling
- Check your spacing
- Check for capitialization
- Check for punctuation
Take care of our tools!
- Carry the laptops with 2 hands
- Shut down the computers correctly. This saves energy and lets them rest!
- Put laptops on their numbered shelf
- Plug in the laptops
- Don’t touch the laptop screens or projector lenses