Class 3-206 video planning and notes: reading and sequencing
Class 3-206 is going to incorporate iMovie into a reading lesson on sequencing and main idea utilizing a flow chart as a graphic organizer. We will record the main idea of two pages in each box of the flow chart. Students will turn each box, or main idea, into a drawing. The flow chart of drawings is known, in film production, as a story board. We will then take photos of the students posing to match their drawings . These photos will be incorporated into iMovie giving students video editing basics. If everything goes smoothly, we will add video effects, transitions, music, and titles to the finished product.
The final video will be posted by Mr. Rhys on themediaspot.org/productions and will be linked from the school blogs.
- 1 class period reading The Great Sebastian and making a shared flow chart (Tues, 10.2)
- 1 class period drawing storyboards (Wed, 10.3) (with support from Mr. Rhys)
- 1 class periods taking photos (Thurs, 10.4)
- (10 mins) Ms. Abodeely will import the photos from the camera into iPhoto
- 2 class periods assembling the iMovie (Fri, 10.5, Mon, 10.8)
- (10 mins) Ms. Abodeely will export the video into a Quicktime movie (one push-button step in iMovie) which she can burn on a CD/DVD.
- (15 mins) Ms. Abodeely will print the sequence of images (students can label them by hand) for her bulletin board
- (10 mins) Ms. Abodeely will write a final blog post that will point to the video on The Media Spot, and print the blog post to show on her bulletin board.
Ms. Abodeely and Mr. Rhys will post their notes as comments to this blog post to archive the technical steps to this process as we go.