List Poetry Video: Saving Images to the Blog
It is time to gather the images from the Internet that match the key words in the lines of poetry you’ve selected for your poetry videos. You are going to search the web for images, then post the addresses or “URL”s of the photos as comments to this blog post. Each student should collect at least 5 addresses that link to images on the web posted as a comment with their name on it (see my example by clicking the title of this post, and looking at the comment below it). Once the addresses are posted to the blog, you can get them from whatever computer you are assigned to to make your video, as long as it is connected to the Internet.
Here are the directions for posting image addresses to the blog:
1. Click on the title of this blog post (“List Poetry Video: Saving Images to the Blog”) so that you have a box below the post that says “LEAVE A COMMENT” below the writing and other comments.
2. Click “File/New Window” to open a new window, open the blog in it, and choose the link on the right of the page under “Research Tools” that says “Creative Commons Images”.
4. Scroll through the photos until you find one you like. When you find one you like, click it to see it at it’s full size.
5. Click 3 times on the address at the top of the page that is showing your image, or click and drag your mouse over the address to highlight it. Then click “Edit/Copy” to copy the address.
6. Go back to the blog, type a description in the box that says “LEAVE A COMMENT” of what the photo is of and click “Edit/Paste” to paste the address of the image into the comment box. Then sign your post with your first name and class number.
7 . Repeat these steps until you have the addresses (URLs) of at least 1 photo for each of your lines of poetry. Then click “Submit Comment.
Look at the sample below submitted by Mr. Rhys. Each student group should have one post that looks just like Mr. Rhys’ with their own image links.