The Giver, movie trailer; storyboarding notes
Today we’re going to talk about the shots that we will shoot to add to the images and narration you’ve started building in iMovie.
If there are shots that aren’t working in your still image videos, think of something that could replace it that we could shoot.
REMEMBER: We have to shoot these shots around school, or in the park. Keep that in mind when you storyboard each shot.
We also need to make a list of props that we’ll need. For example, someone will need to bring in a baby doll for ‘the release’, and we’ll need a fake beard for the giver. We can make the list of props as ‘Comments’ to this blog post.
Below are the notes we’ve made so far on the blog as ‘comments’ about what we’d like to include:
– a clock winding backwards
“There is no pain or choices, no war or feelings, and no hunger. It’s a perfect world.”:
– show the word choices crossed out in red
– serious people (photos of kids at ps124)
– someone in pain, then a cross over that, then the same person not in pain (photo of kids at ps124)
– someone has an accident, but they don’t get upset about it.
– WE SHOULD SHOW A FEW KIDS ACTING LIKE A HAPPY FAMILY IT WOULD BE A WIDE SHOT EVERY BODY COULD BE EATING FOOD AND LAUGHING.
“But only 2 people know the truth”…
– WE COULD SHOW A BABY DOLL WITH A FAKE NEEDLE IN IT’S FORHEAD IT SHOULD BE A CLOSE UP.
– show a release
– We can show Jonas and the Giver’s face
– show jonas and the giver watching the release**
**(this one is great, Ping, because it shows Jonas and the Giver [the 2 people who know the truth] and it shows the ugly truth [that babies are killed if they’re not perfect]). We can film the release and project it on the screen, then show Jonas and the Giver watching it!
“…and the truth hurts”
– We can take a picture of Jonas and his dad.
– Jonas can be asking his dad if he loves him, and his dad can say he doesn’t.
– We can take a picture of two of us and rip it in half (Jonas dad and Jonas)
“Wouldn’t you want to know the truth?”
– put a black screen that says “Wouldn’t you want to know the truth?”
“It’s time to make a decision”
A PICTURE OF JONAS THINKING A CLOSE UP
– Jonas in front of two doors