The Giver Video Narration Writing; Class 5-302
Today in class we will select and edit our favorite sentences from our narration writing so far.
Get out your writer's notebooks and the 10 sentences you wrote, we will use all of our writing to create the final script.
Below are the trends I'm seeing in your narration writing for our trailer so far:
1. Starts with a description of the world in the story: "It was a world like no other. No memories of love, war, hunger, color, or homeless.",
"This is a perfect world. No feelings. No color. No war or pain."
"Jonas' world is perfect: no war, no hunger, no feelings."
"All of these things for this world are very extraordinary."
2. A description of how people felt about their world. And an introduction to Jonas and The Giver.
"This world was perfect, but not for two people… Jonas and The Giver.",
"Some call it perfect except 2 people — Jonas and The Giver."
"Only Jonas and The Giver, special people who can see color, have feelings and can see war and pain."
3. A description of the burden of Jonas' assignment.
"Jonas turns 12 and does not know what awiats for him."
"He, Jonas, needs to make a decion to leave so that the community can have feelings, but also have some bad and sad feelings.(Memories)"
"Jonas turns 12 and receives his assignment. His (Jonas') life changed — no more childhood. He (Jonas) makes a choice to leave or not to leave his community."
"Jonas and The Giver make no pain come upon the community. Will it stay like that?"
" Jonas has to make a decision to save his community.
"Should he make the decision to give his community the memories of love, war, hunger, color or homlessness? Or should he leave things the way they are? It's a decision he must make that can ruin his life or not."
Beyond those points, I've seen people talking about:
* taking the journey with Gabriel
* the consequences of losing the Receiver
* what the decision does to him, and what it does to the community