Word 5th Grade Scavenger Hunt (MARSANO)
We are going to search a web site for specific information and paste that information into a Microsoft Word Document that you will save.
Follow the steps below to create your Word Document and start taking notes!
STEP 1: Create your Word Document
- Open the program, ‘Microsoft Word’
* If you’re on a Windows machine (a Dell laptop) look in your ‘Start’ Menu. If it’s not on the shortcuts list, look in ‘All Programs’/’Microsoft Office’.
- Copy the information below from ‘Your Name’ through ‘the list of 5 questions. [highlight the text, then click edit/copy]
- Paste it into your Word document [click where you want the text to go in your Word Doc and click edit/paste]
- Then add your name and info to the first 4 lines you just pasted
Your Class Number:
Web Site Address:
Who publishes this website? (hint: look for an ‘About’ page in the menu):
1. Why do we remember Lewis and Clark?
2. Who did Lewis and Clark work for? (Who were they exploring for?)
3. What was the name of Lewis and Clark’s expedition?
4. When did the expedition begin, and when did it end?
5. Copy and paste the image of Lewis and Clark here:
STEP 2: Save your Word Doc in your Personal Folder
- Save [file/save as] ‘File Name’: ‘Savenger Hunt – Your Name’ to name the file
- STEP 3: Find your Web Site
- Open an Internet Browser (like Internet Explorer) and open this website: Lewis and Clark
STEP 4: Cite your Source!
- Copy [edit/copy] the web address (for example: http://www.cnn.com)
- Paste it [edit/paste] into your Scavenger Hunt Word Document next to where it says ‘Web Site:’
- Look at the page and try to figure out who made it. Type who you think made the site next to where it says, ‘Who publishes this website?:’ in your Word Document.
STEP 5: Read the Page
- Read the portions of the web page your teacher has sent you to.
- Keep an eye out for the answers to the questions your teacher has outlined for you.
STEP 6: Take Notes
- Read the page looking for answers to the questions your teacher listed
- Copy the words or images that answer the questions your teacher listed
* to copy words, highlight them and click ‘Edit/Copy’
* to copy images, right click on them and select ‘Copy’ from the dropdown menu
- Paste the words or images into your Word Document under the question they go with.
* to paste words or images you just copied, put the mouse in the document where you want the information to go and click, then click “Edit/Paste’ from the dropdown menu
* Each time you add something to your Word Document — remember to Save [file/save]
WHEN YOU HAVE FOUND EVERYTHING ON THE LIST RAISE YOUR HAND AND SHOW YOUR TEACHER